TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia
Gingermeggs - 2008-12-07

From Silverboy...
"Nobody should obey their Chinese employers orders if that enployer is incompetent, and unwilling to change".
Your average Chinese employer does not regard himself as incompetent, and if he is making money, why would he be willing to change?
A Foreign teacher is expendable. There's always another one round the corner. Go with the flow, and teach your classes the best way you can. Smile and nod when the Boss or Dos tells you to change. You can't win by arguing, you have to be more subtle. Your own culture means very little, if anything, in Chinese Schools, so don't make a big issue of it. Sneak things in very quietly.

"Gingermeggs, I have come across people like you in China before, grovelling weasels"
"You can't teach me anything Gingermeggs, I wasn't born yesterday"

Maybe we could teach you some manners, but probably not. Maybe we could teach you to read properly, but probably not.
We are discussing "confrontational", and differences in culture, not inciting rebellion!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- Gingermeggs -- 2008-12-06
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- Slverboy -- 2008-12-07
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- Gingermeggs -- 2008-12-07
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- Turino -- 2008-12-07
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- been here -- 2008-12-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia

Go to another board -