TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: American to Marry & Live in Wuhan - Hubei
doesitmatter - 2009-01-06
In response to Re: American to Marry & Live in Wuhan - Hubei (Not surprised anymore)

Well, nothing like the brutal truth, eh? Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule. But generally, you would be well advised to follow this poster's advice. Or maybe you're a gambler. In that case, how's your luck?

To be honest, though, I've seen it work both ways. I'm one of the lucky ones. I came here as a teacher (not a pretender)with no other agenda than to teach and to pursue my interest in Asian cultures. Figured on moving on to SE Asia after a year or so here, but got lucky and met a nice lady who has no interest in going to America, so I'm still here. I'd have to drag my girlfriend kickin' and screamin' to get her to America, so there's the exception to the rule.We've been together more than four years - never got married; moreover, I have no interest in getting married - been there, done that - and neither does she. If we ultimately do get married it will be because we want to have a kid, but that's still on the back burner.

On the other hand, I've seen some guys get seriously burned, and I've heard enough horror stories to fill a book. The other side of that coin, though, is that many guys come here knowing full well that there are many ladies wanting to make the leap to the West, and, by knowing that, they're able to cut quite a swath through them. Personally, I find that rather distasteful - especially when I have to listen to their bragging when they discuss these things within earshot. But, oh well, what the hell; to each his own. I could add that those very same guys are here only for there own satisfaction and don't give a damn about their students, but that's a topic for an entirely different thread.

Messages In This Thread
American to Marry & Live in Wuhan - Hubei -- steve -- 2009-01-04
Re: American to Marry & Live in Wuhan - Hubei -- Not surprised anymore -- 2009-01-06
Re: American to Marry & Live in Wuhan - Hubei -- doesitmatter -- 2009-01-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: American to Marry & Live in Wuhan - Hubei

Go to another board -