TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Nemo in Zhengzhou City - eslabroad@yahoo.cn
Not surprised anymore - 2009-01-09
In response to Nemo in Zhengzhou City - eslabroad@yahoo.cn (Compliments)

I wish I could say I was surprised, bu like the name says, I'm not anymore. However, what does surprise me is that foreigners are still falling for this gaff.

Everyone and their mother knows never, ever pay someone to find you a job. If they are for real, which is often unlikely, they are getting paid by the school as well, hence they don't need any money from you. Anyone who charges you to find what you can find yourself is not someone I would deal with. Even if he is legit, why use such a person? Recruiters are bad enough to deal with, but recruiters who make "you" pay them for their services, talk about double trouble.

This sounds like a total scam though, did he get you a job? You need to give us more details, I mean, if he did get you jobs, than no problem, even if you don't like the job he got you. If he did not, than he's just some thief, and needs to be reported to the police immediatly. Just make sure all of you who went to him are 100 percent legal and able to work here in the teaching field, or there is little you can do.

This is one of the pitfalls of not being legally employable, it's buyer beware, because if you get screwed by someone like this, there's little you can do, and they know it.

If you must deal with recruiters, ugh, never use one that asks for money from you. However, if you simply have access to google, which we all do, they are really superfluous, when will people figure that out?

Messages In This Thread
Nemo in Zhengzhou City - eslabroad@yahoo.cn -- Compliments -- 2009-01-08
Re: Nemo in Zhengzhou City - eslabroad@yahoo.cn -- Not surprised anymore -- 2009-01-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Nemo in Zhengzhou City - eslabroad@yahoo.cn

Go to another board -