TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: previous broken contract- mention?
Li Bai - 2009-01-30
In response to previous broken contract- mention? (Stella)

Hi Stella

Most foreign teachers will agree that contracts are made to be broken and some aren't worth the paper they're written on.

I would suggest the open and honest approach. If the reason will affect your new position, then it would be in your best interest to indicate who broke the contract and why.

I've done some short term work and have had mutual disagreements with employers which, in another situation, may have been unfavorable. Most new employers accepted my version of the story, said "forget about it" and "Welcome to our school".

It's no biggie, the sun will come up tomorrow and no matter who you are teaching, your students WILL give you grey hair.

Get a copy of Pink Floyd's "We Don't Need No Education" (I think that's the name of the song). If not, the tune with the line "Hey teacher! Leave them kids alone". Next play George Thorogood's "One Burbon, One Scotch, One Beer" and jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.

If you have to mention it, always do it it a way that makes YOU look good.

Messages In This Thread
previous broken contract- mention? -- Stella -- 2009-01-29
Re: previous broken contract- mention? -- Li Bai -- 2009-01-30
Re: previous broken contract- mention? -- Li Bai -- 2009-01-30
Re: previous broken contract- mention? -- been there -- 2009-01-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: previous broken contract- mention?

Go to another board -