TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: General help with hours of work, China
Jerome - 2009-03-21

I once worked in a small city in what was then considered one of the poorest counties in China. I worked at a public middle school that had a license to hire foreign teachers under the auspices of the local university. There were only three foreigners in that entire county. Great job. Great students. Great leaders at the school and a very pleasant Chinese staff. One of the best jobs I had in China. Sixteen teaching periods and two hours teaching the Chinese English teachers. My wage? 6,500 plus full round trip flight reimbursement. Nice apartment - three bedrooms and an office. Too small of a kitchen, but, okay, you can't have everything. I loved the ten minute walk to school. As people became more accustomed to seeing me walking those back streets, they became more and more friendly. Kind, gentle people. After a year there I had saved quite a bit of money. Leaving was difficult, as I had grown quite fond of most of the students. I returned there sometime later as a guest teacher for a few weeks, just because I missed them all so much.

Messages In This Thread
Re: General help with hours of work, China -- Jerome -- 2009-03-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: General help with hours of work, China

Go to another board -