TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Native Speakers vs. Non Native Speakers
Mac - 2009-04-04

Pure White.... Pure Black.... Pure Yellow is boring why not try other skin colors for variety. It seems so annoying that racism is very evident in this field... to see most of the advertisement looking for NATIVE SPEAKERS ONLY. You are looking for teachers ESL teachers who could help non-english speaking countries to speak, listen, write and read the English Language. You are not looking for fashion models or something. The color and place where they came from should not be your sole basis in getting your ESL Teachers. That's why many instances that the school and the recruiter got a problem because the native speakers they've got is really a native speakers has TOFEL CELTA etc. which can be instantly acquired thru the net. The bare thruth is they are not really a real teachers not even know how to handle classes nor not even know the teaching strategies and methodology. That's why many problems occur that they cant understand the individual differences.I am not generalizing my conceptions okay. I've been here for almost three years and that advertisement doesn't affect me at all because I know for my self my capabilities and my abilities as a NON NATIVE Speaker. Many instances that I went for a demonstration together with other NATIVE SPEAKERS but not a single chance that I was not accepted . I wrote this to inspire other NON NATIVE SPEAKERS who are really a real teacher to go on and compete the RACISM here. This is our battle. I wrote this but it does not mean I am against NATIVE SPEAKERS but that is the stark reality. I have many native speaker friends and they understand me. For the recruiter and school to give chance to the non native speaker. I know they are good... be given a chance. And base your recruitment and hiring not only in their COLORS.. not only WHERE THEY COME FROM... but merely base it on the qualifications, experience related to the position. INTERVIEWS so that you will have a chance to assess the fluency of the applicant and give them demonstrations class to assess totally the quality of the applicant. In that case very seldom you will encounter problems.

WHITE...BLACK....YELLOW is boring try other colors.

Messages In This Thread
Native Speakers vs. Non Native Speakers -- Mac -- 2009-04-04
Re: Native Speakers vs. Non Native Speakers -- sweetie -- 2009-04-10
Re: Native Speakers vs. Non Native Speakers -- Turino -- 2009-04-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Native Speakers vs. Non Native Speakers

Go to another board -