TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: -CHINA- National Holidays: Been asked to 'volunteer' on the holidays
4perusal - 2009-04-28

Nough said, indeed. Why? Are your words the where all and end all? I think not.

As to your notion of entitlement, I wouldn't agree that one is entitled to lie simply because he/she is in the proximity of or even surrounded by liars. But then I am given to what you would no doubt consider the naive notion that one's own personal sense of honor is at stake. Could be I spent too much time engaged in Japanese culture.

In addition, you have not questioned whether or not I would condone a runner. Indeed, without knowing me in the slightest, you state that I would not. Fair enough - I won't fault you for guessing. However, such an assertion strays from the topic of lying and wanders into another sphere entirely. If you'd like to know my opinion on that particular subject, please feel free to ask.

Never enough said. Or, as a friend of mine used to say, "You can always take a thought one step higher."

Messages In This Thread
Re: -CHINA- National Holidays: Been asked to 'volunteer' on the holidays -- 4perusal -- 2009-04-27
Re: -CHINA- National Holidays: Been asked to 'volunteer' on the holidays -- Turino -- 2009-04-28
Re: -CHINA- National Holidays: Been asked to 'volunteer' on the holidays -- 4perusal -- 2009-04-28
Re: -CHINA- National Holidays: Been asked to 'volunteer' on the holidays -- Turino -- 2009-04-28
Re: -CHINA- National Holidays: Been asked to 'volunteer' on the holidays -- The Owl -- 2009-04-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: -CHINA- National Holidays: Been asked to 'volunteer' on the holidays

Go to another board -