TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre
Faith - 2009-06-08

While I realize that a teacher may have a bad experience with an otherwise good employer, I would welcome any info on disreputable ones. As most of you already know, libel laws are quite different in China and the UK than here in the US. I would worry about the teachers already in China getting into some hot water. Or is that unfounded?

Good post, Jayvin. Libel laws in any country are worthy of respect. But unfortunately at the same time, some foreign teachers in China tend to go overboard whenever schools receive bad reports online, no matter how few or how many. As someone looking on, as it were, I'm not in a position to judge the actual circumstances that have resulted in a complaint or in complaints made against a particular school online. Therefore I cannot apportion blame. So, I think what Silverboy and Turnoi have been doing is unfair. They assume all training centers, private schools, and recruiting agencies to be guilty until proven innocent. Actually, they are conducting a kangaroo court online. Maybe they will get into hot water for it if they ever come back to China. What I do know for sure is that China does have detailed libel laws, but often there's no rule of law - that may well be the only thing that can save their skins in the event of their re-entry to the country!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- Jayvin -- 2009-06-08
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- Faith -- 2009-06-08
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- Native teacher -- 2009-06-08
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- Turino -- 2009-06-08
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- Mahoma Iza -- 2010-05-21
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- native teacher -- 2009-06-09
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- Turino -- 2009-06-10
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- Turino -- 2009-06-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre

Go to another board -