TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why does China lose its best students?
kjk_esl - 2009-06-12
In response to Re: Why does China lose its best students? (Watching)

The real number is 75%! This is the % of the Chinese students who go aboard to study and who do not return to China for the reasons that other posters has mentioned here. This figure was posted in a report from the Chinese gov't a few years ago when I was there working. The Chinese gov't realize that they need to send more students aboard to study as they are not getting enough foreign educated Chinese returning to China to work and to share their knowledge of the western structured work system as the system that is in place in China now is not making the grade there. Really how can the gov't or large business's run effectively operate in the new world economy that China is now operating in with four hour work days and two and a half hour lunch breaks. As more foreign business's are locating in China, they are finding how hard it is to find good workers and how hard it is to train the best of the workers that they hire. I worked at one foreign outfit for a few months in China teaching English to their local university educated. The companies vice president told me how difficult it was to get these engineers to multi task. These engineers only wanted to to the same ol half assed task while building a wind turbine and to have one of the many quality controllers that a typical Chinese company, to pick up the mistakes that the original worker missed. But this was not how it is done with a western company. These engineers had to be trained to understand stand that each task was to be done only once and that there was only one inspector at the very end of the production line not 8-10 inspectors that are in a normal Chinese factory. I am getting away from the topic!

So the gov't realizes that they need to send many more students overseas in order to get the number of western trained people that the country needs now and in the future to operate effectively!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why does China lose its best students? -- Watching -- 2009-06-11
Re: Why does China lose its best students? -- kjk_esl -- 2009-06-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why does China lose its best students?

Go to another board -