TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Private training centers using CALL
Turino - 2009-06-11

I know for sure that as an FT in China, he has had a lot of trouble with a crappy training centre there himself and still may have. Nevertheless, he is doing his job well and responsibly until his contract period is over. For security reasons and to protect himself, he cannot speak up loudly as Silverboy and I do.

In fact,Turnoi,the trouble I had with said TC was no trouble.At that time I was teaching in an unpopular provincial capital at a public college that couldn't provide the documentation needed for me timeously to get a Z visa after leaving this country.So,after returning to China,I held said college to ransom,and stipulated I wouldn't venture forth again to get a Z.The next day,I had 3 Chinese teachers observing my teaching after the head of department had asked my permission to attend my class alone.The conversion of L to Z in said province was impossible,even through a 'visa company'.I was told it was because I couldn't produce my postgraduate teacher-training certificate.In fact,the original had been 'lost' at a previous college in Northern China.I told the college Waiban he needn't tell me stupid lies - I knew the situ,and that I'd be happy to 'oblige them' by going on teaching on my long L,I've a Chinese wife,you see.And if they didn't agree,I'd insist on going to the polis.By the way,they'd an Aussie without a Chinese wife teaching there who did the HK visa run to get a Z after teaching illegally with an L for 6 weeks.And a Filipino who took a second medical within 2 months of entering China,because he'd been 'let go' by a foreign language school in another province after having taken a medical there,because the Provincial Waiban where we were demanded he took another one,despite the writing on the certificate in English on the first one saying it was valid for 1 year!Of course,I took no medical as I didn't need a resident's permit...LOL!
Because the college didn't offer me a contract for 6 weeks,and I knew the contract required one to ask permission first before taking up a second teaching job,I took one up,at a TC.All of the teachers there had short L's,and were so worried about their 'performances' in class in front of parents.Some were black,others were white.They didn't trust each other and were groveling weasels to their TA's.They were afraid to smoke in the building,unlike me! The teachers the TC wanted to discard were told the Z visa was impossible.The ones required to stay were told to keep quiet,and the Z would be no problem!Those beggar louwai cheated each other for filthy money!
I didn't care about working at the TC - to me it was just a job to spite the dishonest college.When the contract was signed at long last at the college,the boss didn't give me a copy.It so happened the next day,a Sunday,I saw the Aussie and spoke to him re said contract.He said he was too pissed to remember about it - a likely story!I got a copy on the Monday after complaining,and taught there for 10 months with an L!After signing up,I had told the college Waiban about the TC,and pointed out to him that I hadn,t broken the college contract because it hadn't been signed prior to the time I had quit the TC.Guess what,the college Waiban called the TC to check if I was still teaching there - no luck for him,I'm not foolish,unlike the Chinese!Later I told him he needn't have done that as I'm not a liar!Finally,let me say I'm not hiding from anyone,and I'm not afraid of trouble either.What will be,will be.Que sera,sera!Don't worry,Turnoi.I know how to do here in accordance with my personal requirements.Where I am now,I've been assured of PROTECTION!No problems at all envisaged!Thx anyway for your concern!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Private training centers using CALL -- Turino -- 2009-06-11
Re: Private training centers using CALL -- DitheringPidderPaddle -- 2009-06-12
Re: Private training centers using CALL -- Turino -- 2009-06-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Private training centers using CALL

Go to another board -