TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Private training centers using CALL
doesitmatter - 2009-06-12
In response to Re: Private training centers using CALL (DitherPidderPadder)

As a matter of fact, what you state is a "certain truth" is not that at all. By reading Turnoi's posts and those of Turino's you can find that their style is quite different. Generally, you can find in Turnoi's posts (except those written by his ghost writer) mistakes that are common to those whose first L1 is not English - such as his improper use of the past perfect and other rather insignificant errors that don't alter his meaning, or at least don't prevent a discerning reader from understanding the meaning. Turino's posts, on the other hand, are indicative of a fairly good writer who, albeit, is a bit lazy when it comes to the proper use of punctuation and the like but still makes it quite clear that English is his first language. In addition, Turino, having no reason to lie about it, has made it clear that he has altered the spelling of Turnoi's name as a sign of respect. Can't fault him for that either.

Believe me, I don't always agree with Turnoi, nor do I always appreciate the way Turino so quickly aligns himself with Turnoi and Silverboy. However, it may be better to stick with the issues and not try to make mountains out of mole hills.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Private training centers using CALL -- Turino -- 2009-06-11
Re: Private training centers using CALL -- DitherPidderPadder -- 2009-06-12
Re: Private training centers using CALL -- Turino -- 2009-06-12
Re: Private training centers using CALL -- Turino -- 2009-06-12
Re: Private training centers using CALL -- doesitmatter -- 2009-06-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Private training centers using CALL

Go to another board -