TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Threats to be blacklisted in China
Dman - 2009-06-14
In response to Re: Threats to be blacklisted in China (The Owl)

Here is the email i was sent by Chris Johnson after saying I and my friends no longer wanted to take up the position -

This news actually come as no surprise, as our records indicate this is the third time you have applied, accepted and then come up with a flimsy, simple minded excuse.

We have informed the school of this, and on Monday they have informed us that they will report your cases to the Chinese National Government Department responsible for the administration of Foreign Teachers in China, so as to register your names as undesirable foreign nationals for the teaching programs in China.

It is our strong belief that you never intended moving further with the teaching positions, all the while knowing that a Chinese school was making moves to formally process your application, thus thoroughly wasting the schools time and resources, and it is for this reason we fully support the schools decision to formally register your cases with the National authorities.

Sincerely,

Chris Johnson

Recruitment Coordinator

Here was my response -

Dear Chris

I am disappointed, but similarly not surprised, with your response. Clearly your records do not show that the "three previous times" we have contacted you were mere enquires as to the processes involved in getting a teaching position in China, and the correspondence lasted no more than a few emails.

In this particular case, we have had a number of contracts offered to us from a number of schools. After reading your contract from Bekerley, and i might add reading several damning reviews from previous employees, we decided against accepting a position with this school. We have been warned by several people about the Bekerley school, which as you might or might not understand, made us wary of you and any contract you would send. I must say the email sent from you yesterday confirms the warnings we received. We did not sign a contract, and therefore I find it surprising that the school would have taken the process any further. As to your belief that we never had any intention of taking the process further, the fact that we have accepted a position and signed a contract with another school shows that you are wide of the mark.

I hope this is the last correspondence between our parties.

Messages In This Thread
Threats to be blacklisted in China -- Dman -- 2009-06-14
Re: Threats to be blacklisted in China -- The Owl -- 2009-06-14
Re: Threats to be blacklisted in China -- Dman -- 2009-06-14
Re: Threats to be blacklisted in China -- Dragonized -- 2011-11-25
Re: Threats to be blacklisted in China -- Note -- 2011-11-25
Re: Threats to be blacklisted in China -- Ailan -- 2011-11-25
Re: Threats to be blacklisted in China -- Dman -- 2009-06-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Threats to be blacklisted in China

Go to another board -