TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › equal pay table
Jeff - 2005-01-31
In response to Not so simple (Dos)

The monthly salary should be paid in a simple table format.

As far as extra pay for really good teachers goes, it really depends who you work for. So, if you work for an agency, they probably wont care to much just as long as they can keep renting you out to schools. If you work for a private school then of course they will be overcaring about your teaching. But honestly, ask the other teachers on this website, how many of them have ever been rewarded for superior teaching, or in reality, they just get a raise for staying with the company over a year.

The best way I suggest to reward superior teaching is through bonuses, but again, it is completely subjective. Do you think the boss will award someone a bonus if they dont like them? Maybe the person is a great teacher, but the boss doesn't like them for personal reasons. So that won't work either.

The best option is to just pay people on an equal table. If they are bad teachers, then schools wont hire them, therefore, they wont make money. If they are good teachers, then the schools will want them, and the teacher will always have plenty of work. It is up to the teacher if he or she wants to please the school/students or not.

I know a great company, 100% legal. Everyone gets an equal contract and are paid according to the amount of classes they teach. The only difference is the travel allowance because of the distance of various schools.

Every month, as long as they are working for the company on a full time contract, they get 800RMB added to their salary as an installment for airfare.

HONESTY, EQUALITY, AND BEING A LEGAL EMPLOYER, these are the things that keep the teachers.

Money doesn't make a good teacher, training and experience do.

I prefer the companies and schools that leave me alone and let me do my job, and I get paid for the work I do. No bullshit or workshops or meetings. Just go to work, do my job, and collect my salary at the end of the month. If I want to improve my teaching, I can do that on my own choice, or I can go to a CELTA course in the summer. I don't need some people who are less qualified than I am in the field of education trying to "train" me. Especially since the "real" motivation of most of the companies and school is money anyways, they might as well be honest about it and not lie to my face.

Messages In This Thread
When Foreigners Revolt! -- Fidel -- 2005-01-30
The good, the bad, and the Chinese -- Jeff -- 2005-01-30
teaching in china -- sheri -- 2005-02-05
Not so simple -- Dos -- 2005-01-30
equal pay table -- Jeff -- 2005-01-31
yeah and... -- Jeff -- 2005-01-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › equal pay table

Go to another board -