TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Wall Street English, I need Enlightening =)
HireEd - 2009-07-03
In response to Wall Street English, I need Enlightening =) (The Enlightened One)

TEO, I wish I could tell you that I've had direct experience with Wall Street English, but I can only say I've met other FTs who have worked for them, and their feeling was not exactly enthusiastic.

I will tell you from my past experience with other training centers (and I've worked in LOTS of them) that the hesitation to disuss salary with you at this point is that I suspect they will ask students to rate your demo performance and that will play a big role in the salary offer that's put forth. I'm certainly not justifying their lack of information and communication, and frankly, I think ONE demo class making such a difference in your potential future with the school is ridiculous.

Actually, I believe many training centers (and schools in general) prefer to hire folks from overseas because they ask less questions, settle for vague answers, and are far less savvy about what they should and should not accept, and beleive. They will often settle for the "This is China" line when trying to get clear and concise answers.

All I say at this point, is follow your heart (and nose). If it doesn't feel and smell right, keep moving. If your skills and qualifications are strong enough to get hired by Wall Street, then you can also obtain a position in several other comparable centers.

What I can't stand about such vagueness is that it is a one-way street. The FT is never allowed to be vague in any way -- with credentials, agreements to terms, etc.

Good luck.

Messages In This Thread
Wall Street English, I need Enlightening =) -- The Enlightened One -- 2009-07-03
Re: Wall Street English, I need Enlightening =) -- HireEd -- 2009-07-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Wall Street English, I need Enlightening =)

Go to another board -