TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Thanks, Turino -- to my fellow FTs...
HireEd - 2009-07-12

Turino, in your reply you wrote:
- " There are too many grovelling weasels and Johnny Come Latelys who post trash.They never post useful info.They only berate other posters. "
Yeah, it never ceases to amaze me when I or others post a complaint/warning about a school/employer how quickly the naysayers will pounce. Most FTs who've had more than one teaching position in China know usually know all too well the various stunts pulled by ESL employers in China. And why on earth would someone take the time to post something that's basically untrue regarding an employer? It simply doesn't make sense. I sincerely believe those who pounce ("grovelling weasels" as you and others call them) are recruiters or FTs charged with hiring other FTs, who feel threatened. In my mind, there's no other explanation.

- "louwai in China will always distrust each other,and be disunited instead of united."
Yeah, why do you think that is? I haven't formed a theory about that thus far. I think the topic would make for an interesting discussion thread.

- "Their ongoing problems now will get no advice from me - I'm out of the teaching game for good!"
Are you saying the OP I responded to is your final one? Please tell me I'm confused! As I mentioned in my previous post to you, I no longer teach in China or Korea (thank God). I stayed away from this forum for 6 months after returning home and adjusting to my medical condition. But actually, I think my from-a-distance posts are now more thoughtful and much less reactionary and emotional than the ones I often posted while in China. PLEASE don't leave! Your experience and voice is greatly needed here.

- "Thanks anyway for your support,to Silverboy and Turnoi too,and to any others who've gleaned some useful info by reading my posts!"
Yes, yes, yes! Silverboy is often blunt (amusingly so) but again, he provides TONS of useful, experiential information, and wit. It would be a significant loss if he were to stop contributing. Turnoi is what, prolific? If one can cut through the brush and reach the clearing, then again, there's often highly useful information embedded in a number of his posts.

Messages In This Thread
Non-Correspondence of End-Dates of Teaching Contracts and Residence Permits -- Turino -- 2009-07-12
Thanks, Turino -- to my fellow FTs... -- HireEd -- 2009-07-12
Re: Thanks, Turino -- to my fellow FTs... -- Turino -- 2009-07-12
Re: Thanks, Turino -- to my fellow FTs... -- HireEd -- 2009-07-12
Re: Non-Correspondence of End-Dates of Teaching Contracts and Residence Permits -- Coppercat -- 2009-07-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Thanks, Turino -- to my fellow FTs...

Go to another board -