TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Lost passoprt, what to do?
Anxious - 2009-07-19

Hello all, as the subject says I have a big problem, basically my passport was stolen. I was on my way to leave China for a trip when it happened. After finding it missing I returned home thursday and began a thorough search, but could not find it, though I searched all day Friday. Saturday I went to a police station I knew of, but no one could speak a lick of English. I was not sure if the local entry and exit bureau was open on weekends so I am waiting until Monday the 20th to go in and speak with them, because I know they speak English there.

My question is, will I get in any trouble. You see I was leaving for a trip, and at the same time my visa expired the next day. Now I am without visa or passport. No it is not my fault I am still here, as some vagabond robbed me, or I was careless, hard to say. Anyhow, though not my fault, the visa that was in my passport expired Friday, am I in any trouble, and will they fine me even though I was robbed? I have a friend who said he was expelled and given a 10 day exit visa because his passport was robbed close to it's expiry date, and he was forced to return to his home country to get a new visa, though he first had to get a new passport here in China. This seems very strange and I am greatly worried. I am not so concerned about a new passport, s I have more then enough documentation to get another, but after what happened to my friend, I am forced to wonder if they care why you are still here, just that you are and your visa is expired. Any input on what I can expect, or do they have provisions in place for such things happening, and don't penalize people for such. To fill the coffers of China scruples and fairness seem to have little say.

Messages In This Thread
Lost passoprt, what to do? -- Anxious -- 2009-07-19
Re: Lost passoprt, what to do? -- WOLF TOTEM -- 2009-07-19
Re: Lost passoprt, what to do? -- HireEd -- 2009-07-19
Re: Lost passoprt, what to do? -- Anxious -- 2009-07-20
Re: Lost passoprt, what to do? -- HireEd -- 2009-07-20
Re: Lost passoprt, what to do? -- WOLF TOTEM -- 2009-07-20
Re: Lost passoprt, what to do? -- Anxious -- 2009-07-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Lost passoprt, what to do?

Go to another board -