TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Chinese Marriage and Job - Please help!
Dave - 2009-07-21

Hi Turino,

Just to let you know that the conclusion of my colleague's predicament is that it is no longer a predicament.

He and his wife went ahead on the lines you suggested but with a small twist in that his wife is not his 'Agent' - instead, he is his wife's 'employee'. He is staying on at this establishment as an unofficial teacher but it is his wife who will be the official employee and the local PSB have agreed to turn a 'blind eye' to the fact he is the one who will be working here. He has been given a one year L-Visa and told that it will be renewable providing he and his wife are still married at that time. Evidently this is an unofficial arrangement on the part of the local PSB but it sounds very workable providing they keep their word regarding the blind-eye

The school we work for is in no way to blame for this situation and in fact made three successive applications for a new Residence Permit for him, all of which were rejected on account of his age. Under the table negotiations were believed to have taken place but they failed too.

So far as I am concerned, that is the end of this matter and I thank you again for your earlier advice.

Dave

Messages In This Thread
Chinese Marriage and Job - Please help! -- Dave -- 2009-06-30
Re: Chinese Marriage and Job - Please help! -- Turino -- 2009-06-30
Re: Chinese Marriage and Job - Please help! -- Dave -- 2009-06-30
Re: Chinese Marriage and Job - Please help! -- Turino -- 2009-07-01
Re: Chinese Marriage and Job - Please help! -- Dave -- 2009-07-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Chinese Marriage and Job - Please help!

Go to another board -