TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › HOW CAN I GET A FULL MEDICAL FOR THE UK IN CHINA?
Amy Fowler - 2009-09-07

Hi, I have just got my first job teaching English at a Chinese University. I am supposed to leave the UK on the 23rd of September however i'm having a little difficulty getting all of the medical tests i require (chest Xray, ECG, Lab tests for AIDS, syphilis ect). My employer hasn't arranged a medical for me so i've been to my GP who did all of the basic test, however he cannot refer me for the others as i have no symptoms which would suggest i need them. The private hospitals in my area can't give me an appointment to see a consultant until November, but they also said that i can't have a private ECG unless my doctor refers me!!! Did anybody else have a similar problem? I've also tried to contact the Chinese Embassy in London to find out the actual requirements for work, however i've been trying to ring for 3 days and haven't got through once.

It appears that these tests are a legal requirement to work in China however is it not enough that my doctor has said that i don't require them, surly if there was something wrong he would have sent me for the tests on the NHS. I don't know if its just the area in which i live but i would really appreciate the help of anyone from the UK who had to organise their own physical examination and how they went about it. I really seem to have hit a brick wall with this and 23rd is approaching fast!

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
HOW CAN I GET A FULL MEDICAL FOR THE UK IN CHINA? -- Amy Fowler -- 2009-09-07
Re: HOW CAN I GET A FULL MEDICAL FOR THE UK IN CHINA? -- robert gordon -- 2009-09-08
Re: HOW CAN I GET A FULL MEDICAL FOR THE UK IN CHINA? -- Amy Fowler -- 2009-09-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › HOW CAN I GET A FULL MEDICAL FOR THE UK IN CHINA?

Go to another board -