TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China?
Migrant Worker - 2009-11-11
In response to Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? (MetalStorm)

I do agree that most training schools are crap but some are decent. Meaning you can actually be somewhat content. It's all luck of the draw though, because each is individually managed.

At least in a training school like Web, the classes are small. They are usually adults with higher motivation to learn because they are going to travel abroad or doing it for a promotion. The pay is higher, and the lessons are simple because they a preplanned and you are allowed to add to them if you want.

Not all training centers are that horrible, I can say I am content working in mine. A few annoyances but not too bad.

This coming from someone who has been in China for three years and has worked in about five different places. Ran into some really bad ones.

Universities are the best bet for all around convenience, but unfortunately the pay is usually quite low. Besides you can make some good connections with white collared students at a training center. Great friends to have when in a bind.

Messages In This Thread
Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Ashley S -- 2009-11-10
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- pangmei -- 2009-11-11
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Ashley S. -- 2009-11-16
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Turino -- 2009-11-11
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- MetalStorm -- 2009-11-11
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Migrant Worker -- 2009-11-11
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- MetalStorm -- 2009-11-12
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Turino -- 2009-11-11
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Native Son -- 2009-11-12
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- onboard -- 2009-11-13
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- MetalStorm -- 2009-11-13
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Turino -- 2009-11-12
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- MetalStorm -- 2009-11-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China?

Go to another board -