TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: GAC/OWENS school
englishgibson - 2009-11-11
In response to GAC/OWENS school (englishgibson)

On Friday, last week, my GAC center's manager, Michelle, that claims to have an MBA from a US University (I saw it on the wall behind her in latin language),told me that the part owner of the GAC center the Verakin High School or Sino American International School (your choice) has decided to cut my salary in half as I am not teaching that sad class anymore. Well,the truth is that I demanded the students signed an agreement that they'd be on time to classes and that they'd make better effort.One of the clauses in it was that I would consult them at any necessary time they needed to be consulted and I'd be more sensitive with them. That didn't matter a bit there.None of the students wanted to sign that agreement written and signed by me. My next choice was my manager and students' parents but that all turned out to have been useless as the GAC center did not want to "lose its face". That because the center's contractual agreements with students/parents DO NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT THE STUDENTS' OBLIGATIONS TO THE GAC ACADEMIC PROGRAM AND THE FOREIGN TEACHERS. IT'S ALL ABOUT FILLING IN THE WESTERN UNI APPLICATION FORMS AND SEARCHING FOR THE BEST POSSIBLE CHOICE OF HIGHER EDUCATION.

That same sad day,I asked my GAC center's Director, Michelle (Chinese with a US MBA according to her)and her marketing manager for the OWENS owner's (that's a part owner of the GAC) contact number, but I was turned down. Accodring to them, the OWENS company's secretary did not want to provide the number. Should I believe that or not?

That same sad day, I asked "Dave", the foreign teachers manager at OWENS, to provide me with the OWENS owner's contact number as I did not want to give up on speaking with the woman who's invested her money in this scam. His reply was that he had to "investigate" what happened to me firstly.Then, he'd consider my request (i just asked politely). After having spoken with the GAC manager Michelle, the foreign Dave concluded that my students said I TALKED BADLY ABOUT THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT AND THAT'S WHY I HAD THE PROBLEM IN MY CLASS. Not that Dave has not given me a chance to explain myself..i just can not figure out at what point or when i really talked so badly about the 5,000 years old country that i deserved such a punishment. Frustrated that the foreign Dave bought such a fallacy from Michelle and "her" students, I realized that I was actually NOT ALLOWED TO SPEAK WITH OWENS OWNER, MY EMPLOYER.

Now, I am still searching for a more secure position and in a hurry as I have only about two and a half weeks left. The choices of positions around the country seem risky to me as I have a family with a year old son. I am also beginnig to believe that my honesty on boards is proving the local employers stay away from me. Yes, I am even using the same email address on my applications. YES WE ARE LIVING IN A SMALL WORLD, AREN'T WE?

I wish I could just leave the country, but my son, born in China and my wife that's Chinese have not got all their documents ready yet. It's also a long process.

Sad Cheers and Beers to all of ya readers and participants on this one

Messages In This Thread
GAC/OWENS school -- englishgibson -- 2009-11-06
Re: GAC/OWENS school -- englishgibson -- 2009-11-11
Re: GAC/OWENS school -- Rick -- 2012-07-10
Re: GAC/OWENS school -- englishgibson -- 2012-07-10
Re: GAC/OWENS school -- GAC Nightmere Poster -- 2009-11-09
Re: GAC/OWENS school -- The Mole -- 2009-11-09
Re: GAC/OWENS school -- englishgibson -- 2009-11-11
Re: GAC/OWENS school -- englishgibson -- 2009-12-20
Re: GAC/OWENS school -- Turino -- 2009-12-20
Re: GAC in China Scam -- Turino -- 2009-11-09