TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China?
MetalStorm - 2009-11-12
In response to Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? (Migrant Worker)

I agree about the pay at universities: It can be quite low. I have never worked at a decent training centre, we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

I think that FT's should not rely on the pay they recieve from teaching to live here in China. If I have any problems here I use a debit card that is linked to an Australian bank account that I always keep 4000 dollars in.

It is my opinion that the pay for FT's in China is crap, university or training centre. It may be OK if you are married to a Chinese woman and you plan to remain in China for a long time, then 5000RMB a month is quite easy to live on, especially in third tier cities.

As for training school students, I have always found them to be repulsive and obnoxious spoilt brats. I have hardly met any freshman or sophomore students at a public university that I did not like. I really like teaching freshman classes, especially my all girl classes.

These young women are just awesome, they impress me very much, many of them display more maturity then a lot of the thirty-something Chinese women I have met!

Messages In This Thread
Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Ashley S -- 2009-11-10
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- pangmei -- 2009-11-11
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Ashley S. -- 2009-11-16
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Turino -- 2009-11-11
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- MetalStorm -- 2009-11-11
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Migrant Worker -- 2009-11-11
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- MetalStorm -- 2009-11-12
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Turino -- 2009-11-11
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Native Son -- 2009-11-12
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- onboard -- 2009-11-13
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- MetalStorm -- 2009-11-13
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Turino -- 2009-11-12
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- MetalStorm -- 2009-11-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China?

Go to another board -