TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: I am becoming a bitter racist! Help! (bad Korea exp)
Frank - 2009-11-17

RE: BAD EXPERIENCE KOREA AGREED

Hi,

I would advise anyone and everyone to stay away from South Korea!
just flat out stay away!

Upon my arrival the school manager held piece of paper in his hand with
my name on it and crumpled up into a ball right in front of me.
Then took me to my apartment where it was next to a hospital
incinerator... YES... can you beleive it?
Then the apartment had no gas ... so i had to eat out for 3 weeks ...
costing me a small fortune... and then ... they took away my
lunch breaks, made me do janitorial work... after my arrival
they also kept asking me how much money I have...

I also caught the school going into my apartment without my permission,
having a bad feeling I put down white powder onto the floor...
I was hurt at work from a Student and ws taken to a hospital ..
they took x rays and then said ... these x rays don't tell if there
are cracks ... and I told them I think there is a crack... before the x
ray ... and then they told me there was no insurance... that I had to
pay myself ... they told me I had insurance through the company
and then said ... well actually for the first month or 2 you have no insurance...

they never told me that ... they told me the moment I land in Korea I have insurance...
I clarified that prior to my leaving ...

Then I cancelled my contract ... and then ... they refused to give me the letter of
permission ... I just got there! Then I go to the Immigration Office and he
just left me there after the contract was cancelled... I found a new school...
then ... they made me sleep on the floor with no blankets ... the school was called
TARA ENGLISH in Chanan Asan... the Principle there is named Grace with her brother
being a complete disrespectful person ... he was the one who forced me to stay on the
floor ... the decond day I demanded bedding ... they finally gave it to me... I just left after 2 days ...

Then the schoold in Seoul were worste... they had sub standard housing ... and people telling
half truths ...

The school was called B.R. English in Daegu... they are not a good school... they also asked us
to do fake marking ... when a Student brings in their homework ... they ask us to pretend to
mark but they really do not do correcting but put a circle on the page. Also ... ask them to do
audio homework but nobody listens to the homework and then returns the work to the Student
making them believe they were marked...

There is more ... alot more ... but would rather not get into it... but you all got the just ...
In the end ... I lost 4,500 CDN, the Canadian Embassey even never helped me I had to go to Britain
to force Canada to help me ... then ... I lost my credit rating because of it...

Well... in a nut shell ... avoid Korea like the plague ... they are a not a pleasant society...

All the best,

Frank

Messages In This Thread
I am becoming a bitter racist! Help! (bad Korea exp) -- Bob -- 2009-09-15
Re: I am becoming a bitter racist! Help! (bad Korea exp) -- Frank -- 2009-11-17
Re: I am becoming a bitter racist! Help! (bad Korea exp) -- ANET -- 2009-11-18
Re: I am becoming a bitter racist! Help! (bad Korea exp) -- Yellow Sam -- 2009-11-18
Re: I am becoming a bitter racist! Help! (bad Korea exp) -- Von -- 2009-09-19
Re: I am becoming a bitter racist! Help! (bad Korea exp) -- Seoulman -- 2009-09-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: I am becoming a bitter racist! Help! (bad Korea exp)

Go to another board -