TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › ESL standards
Rob - 2010-02-05

Hello. I find that it's difficult for students to adjust to the English langauge when they have many teachers from many different backgrounds teaching their own versions of "English". I propose that just because someone is a native sepaker does not mean that they can speak, let alone teach, English well. Therefore I propose that only one country should provide ESL teachers and thus improve the standard of the industry by making it more uniform.
Obviously with its high standards in Education, massive ESL industry, and history of cultural sensitivity Canada is the best choice, and I am not only saying this because I am Canadian.
Irish, USA and British English has too many different accents while Canadian English is neutral across the board and close to American English which is the type of English most people are exposed to. Canadian Ebglish speakers speak much more clearly that Australians, New Zealanders and South Africans too. I feel by making Canada and it's citizens the teachers of English we would see much better standards in students, and more respect for the industry.

Messages In This Thread
ESL standards -- Rob -- 2010-02-05
Re: ESL standards -- nick -- 2010-02-14
Re: ESL standards -- englishgibson -- 2010-02-05
Re: ESL standards -- ANET -- 2010-02-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › ESL standards

Go to another board -