TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Do you know a school with vacancies??
lovely lemming - 2010-02-14

I think the contract is crap, your no degree situation is irrelevant, you should be treated well at a school or university regardless of whether you have a degree or not.

Here a a few things about the contract I do not like:

1) The school does not pay you during your vacation time ( winter holiday ), it is also unlikely they will pay you for summer vacation also. I have never worked at a school that did not pay me during winter or summer vacation. I think that is crap.

2) Party B ( you ) pays all the expenses himself. No, your employer should pay for gas, electricity, internet access etc themselves. You should not have to pay for any of this. You will pay for all the expenses? That is also crap.

3) Party B does not teach well. The STUDENTS or the PARENTS or the principal are not satisfied with Party B. This one is highly suspicious, from personal experience I can tell that this is the contract of a crappy training centre. Students and Chinese parents should never be judging/evaluating the teaching quality of FT's, as they are in no way qualified to do so. That is crap.

4) Party B has any accident or sickness, such as traffic accident or a fever. That is disturbing, the school should look after you in the event of any unforseen accident or illness. I highly suspect that the school has no insurance policy for it's teachers, it is the responsibility of the school to look after you when you are sick or involved in an accident. No responsibilty, the school will not live up to it's obligations, you should not work for them.

5) Any school that threatens you with any sort fine or penalty is a crap school, this is immoral, unethical and also illegal.

6) Back to fines, no, you should never pay any school or university in China 6000 RMB for breaking a contract with them. That is extortion, it is illegal, I have been threatened before for breaking my contract ( was asked to pay more than 6000 RMB! ), well , I told them to go stick the contract where the sun don't shine, then I just left.

TO ALL FT's, NEVER PAY ANY MONEY TO ANY SCHOOL OR UNIVERSITY IN CHINA AS A "BREACH OF CONTRACT" FEE OR A "FINE"

Nathan, I woulld not work for that school under any circumstances! The contract is not a standard SAFEA contract, it is a BS one-sided contract that is heavily in favour of the employer ( Party A )

You can find a much better school than this with a decent contract!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Do you know a school with vacancies?? -- Nathan -- 2010-02-14
Re: Do you know a school with vacancies?? -- lovely lemming -- 2010-02-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Do you know a school with vacancies??

Go to another board -