TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why blame the teachers who worked there
Turino - 2010-02-28
In response to Re: Why blame the teachers who worked there (helmut wingnut)

Well,we see training centers advertise too frequently for energetic teachers who are committed professionals expected to motivate youngsters by making English learning fun.
Of course,that implies a high turnover rate of foreign teachers,not a good sign.
They make the job sound challenging,which it undoubtedly is! But their problem is that many qualified teachers aren't looking for openings like that.The kind of applicants they mainly attract are budding teachers without proper paper qualifications.Such foreigners are usually rejected by state-run schools and by private
high/international schools. The last resort of many such applicants is to apply for posts at TC's.At least,TC's will often be able to wangle visas for them by using the back door.Of course there are some properly qualified foreign staff who have chosen to teach at such private enterprises too, where entertainment overrides actual teaching goals. Some public schools also need entertainers rather than teachers. The advertisements tell us what the priorities are. Those jobseekers applying to employers who stress liveliness,energy and dedication should be avoided by those of us who are able to get jobs elswhere in the public sector and who dislike being monkeys in a muppet show. As for those who are prepared to make fools of themselves in front of children to earn a living,good luck to them. But that is definitely not my forte,so I'll gladly leave it well alone.
In fact,there are some good TC's here in China, but they're thin on the ground.Even so,I'd avoid them,as they're small operations that are privately run,and in the event of one having to close down, its foreign staff will probably be cheated by not being paid a monthly salary and monetary perks due at the time of closure.Why risk a biscuit?That's my view.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why blame the teachers who worked there -- Turino -- 2010-02-27
Re: Why blame the teachers who worked there -- helmut wingnut -- 2010-02-28
Re: Why blame the teachers who worked there -- Turino -- 2010-02-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why blame the teachers who worked there

Go to another board -