TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why blame the teachers who worked there
englishgibson - 2010-03-01

I blame myself for having worked at EF and desperate to land a job and stay in the same location and with a pro contract I actually contemplated returning back again.

So, what do I blame myself for? I helped a couple of filthy owners, one gangster and one corrupt official, to wash their money. I personally cloned EF blue print and opened up none EF centers for them. I abused EF teachers. I cheated on monthly reports to the headless EF office. I did not research my options such as taking a legal action against EF on mainland or abroad where they are stationed. And, above all, I did not turn the lights of the bullish face of the EF Huizhou's owner's son in law which is one of my biggest regrets, although the Manchester Academic Operations Manager Mark would have been my fist choice then. :)

In my view, not hiring a former EF teacher elsewhere is an overreaction and irrational behavior. I recently worked with a really cool fella from UK that'd just come out of a beep deal with EF Nanning. His DoS was a brown nose hostile chap that'd do virtually anything to keep his pathetic post. Also, I remember working with a few fine teachers at EF and not giving them chances elsewhere would just be wrong. However, I'v also worked with some shameful individual there, and yes, they were there as a courtesy of EF recruiting system too. Although I wouldn't dare to say that it just happens at EF, Web or Shane. Public sector is as prone to take such applicants too, isn't it?

Now, on my shameful return to EF Chongqing in December 2009, I can tell you that that DoS there does not deserve a job anywhere else as he is one of the few kings of arseholes. This guy worked as a teacher under me in EF Huizhou about 6-7 years back and had a hard time greating me there. I just came to chat with my former coworker and he offered me a really "cold hand". When in Huizhou, my wife (Chinese) and I invited him for beer many times and my wife even cooked for him a couple of times at our home. Not that I asked for a job but for a chat and I got 15 unbelievable minutes there. What a character!

On the EF Fuzhou's one that has posted here too, I'd say the same and not to hire him anywhere as he officially hates some countries people and as he has a criminal record from home. Moreover, he does not remember his former coworkers either and as a DoS he won't offer a Recommendation at all.

Cheers and beers to EFs and their beep

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why blame the teachers who worked there -- englishgibson -- 2010-03-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why blame the teachers who worked there

Go to another board -