TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Visas Regarding Marriages!
englishgibson - 2010-03-03

I am the only provider for my Chinese family and if I cannot stay/work on mainland my little son, wife and in laws will be greatly affected. I only hope the Chinese government realizes that, but if they don't they'll have to improve their system as my mother in law's a diabetic and needs about 500 Yuan of insuline on mothly basis. Then, my son's apetite for milk (not sanlu) is at a rate of about 75 Yuan every two days and the imported milk powder brands have just gone up too. My wife's easygoing, although we do need to eat, dress and have a roof over our heads. Watch out for the inflation as food cost are up. My wife's contemplated a job which would offer her a couple thousand monthly. I guess that'd be just enough for a tent camping, written off sanlu milk powder, and a coffin for my mother in law (god forbid me).

Our status on mainland is our privilege to be in the 5,000 years old country, not our right as we would like it to be. The fact that we've married these lovely Chinese nationals is just a thorn in a foot of the emperor .. if he pulls it out, we're out and our families back to their re-education camps.

Interestingly after working for 5 years the foreign experts are to leave China which is according to the regulations. But then we are offered 5 year Residency Permits based on having worked here for 5 years. Or, have I misread something on?

Cheers and beers to all the local regulations and the local law enforcements that know what their people need

Messages In This Thread
Re: Visas Regarding Marriages! -- englishgibson -- 2010-03-03
Re: Visas Regarding Marriages! -- Turino -- 2010-03-03
Re: Visas Regarding Marriages! -- Monitor -- 2010-03-03
Re: Visas Regarding Marriages! -- Smitty -- 2010-03-04
Re: Visas Regarding Marriages! -- englishgibson -- 2010-03-04
Re: Visas Regarding Marriages! -- Smitty -- 2010-03-05
Re: Visas Regarding Marriages! -- Martin -- 2010-03-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Visas Regarding Marriages!

Go to another board -