TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Bizarre Cheats' Triangle (Degree Mill)
Monitor - 2010-03-06

Honest foreigners seeking teaching jobs in China should be aware that some Chinese recruiting agents and training centres who state in their ads that you can teach in China without a university degree will probably submit false documents on your behalf to get you a Z visa, very likely without telling you they've done so.
That said, I recall a poster suggesting that some young FT's with PhD's teaching writing in China knew virtually nothing about how to write well in English. He thought they could have been dishonest people. It could well be the case that they had initially submitted forged certificates to their Chinese employers in order to earn elevated salaries. Disgraceful!
As far as I know, the public education sector in China often offers salaries whose levels are reflected by the type of paper qualifications a foreign teacher holds, the lowest of which is a bachelor's degree. I'm guessing that foreign teachers holding second degrees such as a Master's and a doctorate can earn quite a bit more. There's the carrot for defrauding an employer. Shame on those foreigners who submit forgeries to cheat their employers for the sake of filthy lucre!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Bizarre Cheats' Triangle (Degree Mill) -- Monitor -- 2010-03-06
Re: Bizarre Cheats' Triangle (Degree Mill) -- Turino -- 2010-03-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Bizarre Cheats' Triangle (Degree Mill)

Go to another board -