TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Old China Hand - Purchasing Power of Yuan?
seanmeran - 2010-03-08
In response to Re: Old China Hand - Purchasing Power of Yuan? (Old China Hand)

Thank you for your attentive response. The answers to your question are: Jilin City, Jilin Province; A furnished apartment is offered; I am not a vegetarian but also not a big eater; I'd seek to be mainly eating chinese food vs US fast food; I'd primarily cook at home; there's no school dining hall; I don't smoke; I don't drink; I'd probably "hoof it" or take a bus vs a taxi (I'll be bringing my car over in 6 months if it all seems cool); I'm not at all into tourism; not looking to get laid in red light districts and I'm not a bar fly (my plans are fitness club, work, tai chi, great massages ... help boss/owner build the business ... find a nice chinese lady if that comes about naturally; I would like more than accident insurance; my work would be 22 hours a week and a lot of overtime creating business plans for expansion/designing new services/products for schools and corporate training clients (I have much experience in this).

What I am really looking for is sort of a purchasing parity = what one USD buys in average america (not NYC, LA, Chicago, Miami, ... more like Indiannapolis) what does it buy in Jilin: $6.00 or $2.00 or ??? ... all this is to help me negotiate the right deal since owner REALLY wants me to help him build the business (currently multiple schools in several cities plus a corporate training corps) .... so ... I need a feel of ratios ... what's a certain US salary worth in Jilin in terms of purchasing parity?

Can you give me that simple feel of 1 to 2 or 1 to 6 from what I've told you?

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Old China Hand - Purchasing Power of Yuan? -- Sean Meran -- 2010-03-08
Re: Old China Hand - Purchasing Power of Yuan? -- Old China Hand -- 2010-03-08
Re: Old China Hand - Purchasing Power of Yuan? -- seanmeran -- 2010-03-08
Re: Old China Hand - Purchasing Power of Yuan? -- Old China Hand -- 2010-03-09
Re: Old China Hand - Purchasing Power of Yuan? -- seanmeran -- 2010-03-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Old China Hand - Purchasing Power of Yuan?

Go to another board -