TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Wuhans gone crazy
Frustrated - 2010-03-17
In response to Re: Wuhans gone crazy (Turino)

That's just not fair. If someone pays and is denied, their fees should be refunded. What I don't get, well I don't get a number of things. First, why even have boxes on their to check, and why make the minimum 30 days if they can give as little as 10. Hell, they did not even put 10 on mine. The marked it 16-19th, which doesn't make any sense, since I dropped it off the 9th. I think this was just their way of trying to make sure I did not try and go somewhere else to get another extension. I mean hey, 16-19th, that looks to weird, we have to check into that.

I guess I will have to head to HK, as an extension is likely out of the question. I am getting so tired of these petty officials. I love the people, and the country, but to get anything done is impossible. As long as you have tons of money, great. However if you are not loaded, too bad.

I was just shocked at the officials total lack of shame at his own petty vindictive actions. He went out of his way to let me know why, and seemed to exalt in the fact that he could act so unreasonable and get away with it. I've never run into behavior like this, and why? Because I did not want to be his buddy? This weird guy from the local PSB, after helping me with a visa issue, his job by the way, kept calling me endlessly after wards to be his pal. Maybe he was in love, seems more likely now he is just nuts. Regardless, had I known things would end in this manner, I'd have just visited another place to get an extension. Now that seems unlikely.

Still, the sheer vindictiveness and petty cruelty of it, they've made it near impossible to make plans to leave the country before then. 2 days? That is unreasonable by any standards. Any advice on what I might do? This is unfair to say the least, and leading me to believe I am getting a 30 day, and then, 6 days later telling me I have only 10, is outrageous. Who can I talk to? What can I do. Phone the Mayor of Wuhan? yeah right. Contact the newspapers? Pfft, owned by the state, and don't report on police mis conduct, ineptitude, or anything that might look bad for China. What the hell can I do?

Messages In This Thread
Wuhans gone crazy -- Frustrated -- 2010-03-17
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Smitty -- 2010-03-18
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Weasel -- 2010-03-18
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Smitty -- 2010-03-21
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Weasel -- 2010-03-21
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Foxy -- 2010-03-18
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Turino -- 2010-03-17
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Frustrated -- 2010-03-17
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- A D -- 2010-03-18
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Turino -- 2010-03-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Wuhans gone crazy