TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Wuhans gone crazy
Smitty - 2010-03-21
In response to Re: Wuhans gone crazy (Weasel)

In my area after 5-years it is the same as the one for 10-years. 1,500 RMB. Compared to a 1-year which is 940 RMB so it is not a big deal and I am allowed to work on this status as it is perm residence status specifically for living, taking care of my family, etc. I am told this changes from place-to-place though. For example in my case I had to live in my city for 5-years day-for-day for at least 9-months out of each year while being married to a PRC national, which I did. Now this time...I have the PRC ID card which looks almost exactly the same as the typical PRC national ID card so I guess this is my green card. In fact I flew from Kunming to Beijing using this the other day and I had no problem getting my ticket, clearing security, etc. I was also told, and I have it in writing, with a PRC chop, seal, etc., that I do not need to carry my passport and I no longer need a visa to live and work in China. I use the same ID at the bank, etc. Again, no problem. Combined with this, and the fact that I can read, write and speak Chinese, I guess I am on the inside now.

Messages In This Thread
Wuhans gone crazy -- Frustrated -- 2010-03-17
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Smitty -- 2010-03-18
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Weasel -- 2010-03-18
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Smitty -- 2010-03-21
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Weasel -- 2010-03-21
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Foxy -- 2010-03-18
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Turino -- 2010-03-17
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Frustrated -- 2010-03-17
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- A D -- 2010-03-18
Re: Wuhans gone crazy -- Turino -- 2010-03-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Wuhans gone crazy