TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Sometimes though new guys/gals need help, too
Dragonized - 2010-03-27
In response to Re: A degree in uncommon sense! (stumped)

Also I think that sometimes people just need to get over the "jitters". I remember when I first came back to China to teach I was nervous as well. However through my own "feel" of the class and practice I got more confidence in myself and the teaching came naturally. Maybe I can teach because I have the inborn ability but being in a foreign country halfway around the world can be a frightening experience. As adults though we are expected to keep those emotions pent up. I know for a fact that not all countries are necessarily good at giving new teachers the "warmth" and "family" atmosphere. I certainly know for a fact that the university I was at didn't give peopel a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. When the local management can't be counted on, other foreign teachers should take it up themselves and help the new guy/gal out. I know I was lucky enough to have made a couple of really good friends here who helped me not so much with my teaching as giving me comraderie so I could go into a classroom knowing that I was in an environment where I was familiar with people around there, giving me confidence to teach in that setting. That's all.

Messages In This Thread
A degree in uncommon sense! -- No degree for me! -- 2010-03-26
Re: A degree in uncommon sense! -- Juan Isaac -- 2010-03-29
Re: A degree in uncommon sense! -- No degree for me! -- 2010-03-29
Re: A degree in uncommon sense! -- stumped -- 2010-03-26
Re: A degree in uncommon sense! -- Raoul Duke -- 2010-03-27
Re: Sometimes though new guys/gals need help, too -- Dragonized -- 2010-03-27
Re: Sometimes though new guys/gals need help, too -- No degree for me! -- 2010-03-27
Re: Sometimes though new guys/gals need help, too -- Oldtimer -- 2010-03-27
Re: Sometimes though new guys/gals need help, too -- Dragonized -- 2010-03-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Sometimes though new guys/gals need help, too

Go to another board -