TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions!
Yingwen Laoshi - 2010-04-12

Thank you, too, Cunning.

I'm sorry if you got the impression that I was defending plagiarism. I hate it, and do not for one moment tolerate it from my students. A few students in the past have found this out to their detriment. If anybody plagiarizes out of pure greed and/or laziness, I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. My point, though, was that I do sympathize with somebody who uses it as a last resort, if they are severely overburdened with work, piled on them by a greedy, selfish employer. There is a big difference between the two.

I was trying to point out, that if rampant plagiarism is to be stopped in China, there is a need to get to the source of the problem. That source, mainly being the often extreme greedy, selfish competition that motivates leaders of schools in China to pile burdens on their teachers for their own personal profit. There are some leaders I'm sure, at the same time who are not greedy, but also get caught up in the vicious circle of competition in China, and still feel the need to pile burdens on their native employees.

I enjoyed our discussion, too.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions! -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2010-04-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions!

Go to another board -