TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions!
Oswald Sinclair - 2010-04-13
In response to Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions! (Yingwen Laoshi)

I think the problem here is that, Chinese teachers, particularly in universities are pressured to write theses, that universities want published to promote their name. On top of that while teaching, said teachers have to study for further degrees. It's all about face and so called "prestige". The more "doctors" or "professers" that work for a school, the more money they feel they can charge students for tuition fees.
So, what do these understandably, tired, and burdened teachers, do? Naturally, because they want a little time to sleep, watch a movie, be with their families, take a day trip, and have something that comes close to a life, they plagiarize. I know I would be tempted to do the same if I was in their shoes.

Unlike me, Yinwen would be tempted to plagiarise, were he a Chinese university teacher, in order to get a life! He's making excuses for the disgraceful and dishonest practice of plagiarism prevalent in Chinese tertiary education as practised by Chinese teachers employed there. He even says he'd be tempted to plagiarise, were he a Chinese teacher employed at a university in China! Could it be that he has fallen into the trap of trying to make excuses for dishonesty? Why has he chosen to post under a Chinese username? Is he a foreigner who wants to be a Chinese? Rather him than me!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions! -- Oswald Sinclair -- 2010-04-12
Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions! -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2010-04-13
Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions! -- The Skilled One -- 2010-04-13
Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions! -- Oswald Sinclair -- 2010-04-13
Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions! -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2010-04-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions!

Go to another board -