TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: dress code
mi amor - 2010-05-08
In response to Re: dress code (Duckling)

I am from The Philippines , been teaching here in China for five years to different schools. I didn't have much expectations when I came here though I admit, I have several frustrations. I had lots of experience in the field of Education back in my country. My experienced taught me a lot how to become a good employee, when to keep silent or when to fight back to these frustrations. When I had my first job in China, I tried to have a good relationship with my boss and did my job satisfactorily. I remembered discussing with him how he should improve his school and told him face to face he had crap books and obsolete curriculum. Well, he didn't listen to me but renewed my contract still. He promised me a 500rmb increase but didn't honor it. That was too much so I ran away. Through my e- mail, his secretary wrote me a message my boss would blacklisted me if i'm not going back, hah! I knew I caused him big scandal, his dear foreign teacher left him and my students really were asking for me.
Well, I got new job right away but then my salary was delayed most of the time. I complained all the time but everytime the management would ask me to have more patience, i would keep calm. Tried to finish my contract. Now, I am teaching in my second year in a uni, again it's not perfect. And again, I will try to balance my life in China. Yes, teaching here is great and there are more good things my employer do to me rather than bad things, so why complain all the time?

Messages In This Thread
dress code -- Styleman -- 2010-04-24
Re: dress code -- Rin -- 2010-05-03
Re: dress code -- Turino -- 2010-04-28
Re: dress code -- sandalman -- 2010-04-28
Re: dress code -- sandalman -- 2010-04-27
Re: dress code -- hobo -- 2010-04-25
Re: dress code -- Bum -- 2010-04-25
Re: dress code -- Andrew -- 2010-04-25
Re: dress code -- sandalman -- 2010-04-27
Re: dress code -- Andrew -- 2010-04-27
Re: dress code -- Duckling -- 2010-04-27