TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Late Pay
Reconciled - 2010-05-09
In response to Re: Late Pay (Oldtimer)

I honestly can't agree with your analysis, mainly because I am not Chinese, Yes this is China, however we are not from here. Also, I do not accept that because we are in China we should as foreigners accept late pay. Especially when Chinese employers will not accept such things as late employees, who do not show up for work. It's the same thing, and I really don't brook double standards. It's OK for them to breach your contract, but not OK for you? I don't think so. Yes, call me a stickler for wanting to be paid on time, yes I'm funny like that. Though I am sensitive to another persons culture, and will bend over backwards to adapt in most cases, I will not in this one, and no one should. I am also not concerned that, since it is done like this everywhere in China, that it is accepted practice, hence I should ignore it. If people didn't ignore it it would not happen. Hence, I won't ever be ignoring my pay being late, that's absurd.

"Pay being late a week is ok, but any longer and you'll complain"

My friend, even a day late and you should be complaining. This kind of attitude is part of why they treat us like crap and take advantage so often. We are expected to adapt to their way of doing things, yet they make no such adaptations? Not that asking to be paid on time is even an adaptation really.

No, your mistaken. The type of attitude you recommend is one which would make a person a permanent lackey and slave to their employer, constantly at their whim and whimsy. I prefer to have some control over my life, and not be at the whim of an unreasonable employer. I'm just funny that way.

Messages In This Thread
Late Pay -- Yukon -- 2010-04-28
Re: Late Pay -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-08
Re: Late Pay -- Oldtimer -- 2010-05-08
Re: Late Pay -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-09
Re: Late Pay -- Ratter -- 2010-05-10
Re: Late Pay -- Mouser -- 2010-05-13
Re: Late Pay -- Oldtimer -- 2010-05-09
Re: Late Pay -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Late Pay

Go to another board -