TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Any News About Yulin Aston English School?
Guest - 2010-06-09

I have worked at Aston, not at the Yulin branch per say but there are certain things/ problems that are prevalent through out the company.

Aston will often try to cut corners and find ways to go back on their contract, this happens at all the branches. To quote other people in these forums, "Don't let Aston take advantage of you." They will try to tell you it's China and that's how things are done and while that is true don't feel bad about it . They expect you to do your job (ie teach English) it's only right they treat you fairly. Aston is definitely not the best school but from what I've heard regarding the other English schools neither are they.

On a positive note, I worked for the company as an English teacher for a few years and I found the experience to be enjoyable nonetheless. China is a wonderful place and teaching English is an easy way to experience the culture first hand.

In the end, its up to you to decide if you can put up with the issues and for how long. It is a different culture and keeping an open mind will go a long way in helping you deal with any difficulties you might encounter.

Hope this helps. :)

Messages In This Thread
Any News About Yulin Aston English School? -- Hannah -- 2010-04-30
Re Any News About Yulin Aston English School? -- wiser now -- 2016-05-18
Re Any News About Yulin Aston English School? -- Bella -- 2016-01-12
Re: Any News About Yulin Aston English School? -- Guest -- 2010-06-09
Re: Any News About Yulin Aston English School? -- forgiven -- 2010-06-10
Re: Any News About Yulin Aston English School? -- Jeremy -- 2010-05-11
Re: Any News About Yulin Aston English School? -- Cherry -- 2010-05-11
Re: Any News About Yulin Aston English School? -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-04
Re: Any News About Yulin Aston English School? -- ks -- 2010-05-04
Re: Any News About Yulin Aston English School? -- Raoul Duke -- 2010-05-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Any News About Yulin Aston English School?

Go to another board -