TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: I got my teacher evaluation score from the UNI, what does it mean?
Juanisaac - 2010-06-13

Yes, humor, goodlooks, and making the class as hilarious as possible will give you tenure in some places. I've become an edutainer here in China and I don't know if I like it. I am not the best teacher or the worst one, nor the the most handsome or the ugliest, but I can make a class laugh. Besides an occasionaly bone to the powers that be, a gift or recognition to administration, it helps to also be available the students in a non-teaching capacity. I've had students confess to me that they are gay, have a secret girlfriend in town, are scared and lonely at school, and other juicy morsels; I am the de-facto school counsler as well.

I've also come to the point that I do not have much contact with the teachers. We've come to an amicable divorce do to irreconcilable differences. In the end, colleagues matter less as to whether you keep your job. You just have to keep your clients, the students, and your bosses, the Chinese who took pity on you to employ you (in THEIR mind), happy

Messages In This Thread
Re: I got my teacher evaluation score from the UNI, what does it mean? -- Kev -- 2010-06-07
Re: I got my teacher evaluation score from the UNI, what does it mean? -- happy hooker! -- 2010-06-12
Re: I got my teacher evaluation score from the UNI, what does it mean? -- Juanisaac -- 2010-06-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: I got my teacher evaluation score from the UNI, what does it mean?

Go to another board -