TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: "Adult" rights in China
pangdanshixinggan - 2010-06-25
In response to Re: "Adult" rights in China (englishgibson)

I'll respectfully disagree elders deserve respect no matter what. Many folks here have kids for very selfish reasons and I'm frankly sick of the attitude that these kids who didn't ask to be born so their parents could have a safety net somehow owe everything to these same parents. Yes, it's a "tradition" and all that crap but foot-binding at one time was too. I wish these same parents who put so much pressure on their defenseless kids would direct some of that energy toward forcing the government to provide better for the elderly here. This is the "People's Republic" after all. It's not like the government doesn't have the money. It's sitting on huge reserves of cash it has built up by keeping the value of the yuan artificially low while "Communists" get rich and live in nice homes and drive expensive imported cars. It's time for China to take a look in the mirror. If it wants to be a part of the modern world, well, it needs to get more modern. I'm weary of walking into a class filled with 17, 18 year old kids who are too drained from constant memorizing of worthless information to engage in learning to speak English. If history is any guide these students will eventually explode in righteous anger and then we'll have a real mess on our hands.

Messages In This Thread
"Adult" rights in China -- pangdanshixinggan -- 2010-06-23
Re: "Adult" rights in China -- Ozzie -- 2010-06-25
Re: "Adult" rights in China -- englishgibson -- 2010-06-24
Re: "Adult" rights in China -- pangdanshixinggan -- 2010-06-25
Re: "Adult" rights in China -- happy hooker! -- 2010-06-25
Re: "Adult" rights in China -- Ozzie -- 2010-06-25
Re: "Adult" rights in China -- englishgibson -- 2010-06-25
Re: "Adult" rights in China -- ozzie -- 2010-06-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: "Adult" rights in China

Go to another board -