TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: China, Salaries and our Wives
englishgibson - 2010-07-18
In response to Re: China, Salaries and our Wives (Anna)

Anna, you are probably right. However, and aside all that pride, the time my wife will spend on the job is going to be affecting my son and me greatly. Even though my son will attend a kindergarten, i'll often have to shop, cook for him, feed him, wash the dishes, do the laundry, put him to sleep as the kindergarten isn't so great at all. A few days ago, my wife announced that she did not have a contract in her hand, but the deal was fixed. What made me even angrier was that she was lied to and according to her employment contract, she'll be paid a fixed salary of 800 Yuan plus all the monthly classes she'll teach which means she might get as much as that 1,800. Imagine that my wife could not possibly feed herself and her son as the expenses in this big city are way above whatever she'll make there. Yes, we live in a major city and so it's a shame she'll work for such little. Now, if you were me, would you do a husband, house husband and a family supporter?

I thank you and any others for their future contributions on this topic and I sure hope for your follow-up.

Cheers and beers

Messages In This Thread
China, Salaries and our Wives -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-09
Re: China, Salaries and our Wives -- Anna -- 2010-07-17
Re: China, Salaries and our Wives -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: China, Salaries and our Wives

Go to another board -