TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › That's what 'Native Speakers' asked for! - ESL discussion
Chunping Wu - 2005-03-28

I don't blame the foreign teachers. It's the parents and the school runners who exaggerated too much on the effectiveness of hiring "Native language speakers" and the ignorance of most of the parents who never learn a foreign language before and wanted their children to keep up with the trend. I still feel indebted to our domesticated language teachers. Without their teaching, I wouldn't have the good foundation in grammar. Since the schools needs "natives", they even hire illiterates, under-qualified and non-certified ones to fill up their needs. Some even ask for young, good-looking whites and females! I think the Koreans are right to the standing up for corrections. No sooner, I wish the Chinese should be smart enough to follow up to do the cleansing.

Messages In This Thread
English teachers in Korea face wrath of an angry nation - ESL discussion -- Jeff C. -- 2005-03-27
That's what 'Native Speakers' asked for! - ESL discussion -- Chunping Wu -- 2005-03-28
Foreigners: the good, the bad, and the ugly - ESL discussion -- Mic -- 2005-03-28
Are you serious? Police interview? - ESL discussion -- Beatrix -- 2005-04-15
Certificate is one, a qualification is the other. - ESL discussion -- Chunping Wu -- 2005-04-01
Ready to leave? - ESL discussion -- Mike B. -- 2005-03-28
Good teachers are always welcomed . - ESL discussion -- Chunping Wu -- 2005-03-28
I like it.... - ESL discussion -- Mic -- 2005-03-28
Korea easy to live in?? - ESL discussion -- Sarah -- 2005-04-06
Korea, a good place - ESL discussion -- Chris -- 2005-04-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › That's what 'Native Speakers' asked for! - ESL discussion

Go to another board -