TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Certification
Migrant Worker - 2010-07-30
In response to Re: Certification (Justin)

Hello Justin,

I can sympathize with your rant, as I have missed out on a few excellent opportunities solely because I was not "certified". In some people's world, a piece of paper means more than actual raw talent, acquired knowledge and passion. So I have taken steps to earn my CELTA and possibly a bachelor's in education (I am seriously considering using a diploma mill for the second option). I have been teaching for about 5 years now and have NEVER once received any strong complaints (other than please speak a little slower). But apparently, this does not make a "real" qualified teacher.

I always considered a certified teacher as a person that was certified by their home government to teach in a public school. If you feel you have the skills, and want to take a risk then give the idea of fake documents a go.

If you are really a good teacher, and they find out down the road that your certification is fake... chances are they won't care either. I mean the paper is to prove your ability/skills, isn't it? If you prove your skills and passion but the paper isn't real, then the ends still justify the means, right? Qualifications don't always mean you are going to get a good candidate. The issue at hand is to convince them you are the best candidate and then prove it. So do whatever it takes to convince them and then prove it.

In the words of Albert Einstein "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Messages In This Thread
Re: Certification -- Justin -- 2010-07-29
Re: Certification -- Migrant Worker -- 2010-07-30
Re: Certification -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-30
Re: Certification -- Justin P. -- 2010-08-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Certification

Go to another board -