TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Yinchuan Aston
MickyD_USe - 2010-08-01
In response to Re: Yinchuan Aston (Chengdu CT)

Some Aston recruiters have made mistakes in the past with their personal communication, and they're not the only ones who may be behaving in a dishonest way.

I know a number of School Managers around my City here Yinchuan, Ningxia Province " S***E" for one who will shaft their workers foreign or Chinese just to stay afloat and curb costs. Some people are dishonest because they choose to be, recruiters I believe are just trying to get you into their school regardless of any personal financial benefit for them. Sus bosses and managers who try to short change you are the worst! Thanks "S***e" of Yinchuan. I'll never trust you guys again.

I had an Aston recruiter from head office recruit me and He was fine. Totally upfront. No problems there. I was very honest with him in the phone interview and I think that helped a lot because he knew I was mucking around. I think with any recruiters you have to be upfront and if you think the deal stinks, try for something new, but they (recruiters) are only doing their job. Since being in China working in TEFL, I've discovered that the demand is huge for TEFL Foreign teachers but nobody really wants to come. Why would you? You hardly get paid enough in western terms to save for a down payment back home so most teachers I've met are here for the experience. Simple as that. Chinese wages are enough for me to live very well on, but I'm not going to start complaining about the rate of monthly pay, i'll just find another job! Better still, I could just go home...

If you haven't worked for Aston but "only heard" or had a foot in the door (interview by phone) you shouldn't really comment on Aston's reputation becuase chances are you'd be surprised how good things can be. Take it from someone who knows.

Messages In This Thread
Yinchuan Aston -- wendy_h80 -- 2010-07-17
Re Yinchuan Aston -- Andre -- 2014-04-08
Re: Yinchuan Aston -- Dragonized -- 2010-08-01
Re: Yinchuan Aston -- Mary -- 2010-08-03
Re: Yinchuan Aston ....or any Aston -- lesley -- 2010-07-18
(Message Deleted by Poster) -- Roel Dante -- 2010-07-26
Re: Yinchuan Aston -- Chengdu CT -- 2010-07-28
Re: Yinchuan Aston -- MickyD_USe -- 2010-08-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Yinchuan Aston

Go to another board -