TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo
Nick Pellatt - 2010-09-06

If you post your photo on here or not it is up to you, it does not make you some hero

Of course, and as Im sure you will agree having read my posts ... I have not claimed 'hero' status for myself. The photo (posted in a thread unrelated to this one) does show that I am not actually the person EG met on his travels and believed to be me. On that basis, it was worth mentioning it in my previous post.

Anyway ... EG and I have agreed to disagree on the issue of Omeida.

But as I am not about to read through the entire thread again, perhaps you could remind me (and any other people who drop into this thread) of your employment experience with Omeida, the dates you worked there, classes you taught etc?

It might also be worth explaining the exact nature of your complaints too ... was it an issue with students, schedules, housing, or even location that didnt work out for you? In order to make this forum a worthwhile resource for FTs in China, or considering employment there, we all need to take some responsibility in sharing genuine experiences that are shared in a logical, cohesive manner allowing others to truly learn from both our mistakes and successes. Nonsical rhetoric that is often posted on some forums, not this one of course, only fuels the idea that EFL teachers in China are a bitter, twisted lot, stuck in a rut ... which for either personal or professional reasons (or perhaps a combination of both) means they are stuck in the Middle Kingdom until their visa get revoked.

I wont be contributing to this thread again ... I have, in a number of posts, laid out my experience, and given some clear reasons for supporting this employer, but this thread can remain open for anyone else to share their experience, hopefully setting out their argument in a similar manner.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-09-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo

Go to another board -