TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: EWHA School Qingdao
Shelley - 2010-10-03
In response to Re: EWHA School Qingdao (seasider)

Seasider has posted that "Complaining to Qingdao Foreign Affairs Bureau re EWHA would be a waste of time. It's clear that EWHA has the PSB in its pocket."

Not necessarily!
But what puzzles me is how, according to one of the two whistleblowers claiming to be employed there, an FT has been teaching for 3 years holding tourist visas. I'd reckon it's very very hard, if not impossible, for those laowei without Chinese relatives to get elongated tourist visas one after another! I wonder how accurate said whistleblower's post is.
F visas, yes, that's a possible route to take for those laowei without aforesaid special relationship, but only if the employer is willing to 'co-operate'. However, in such cases, the school must apply as if it were a company on behalf of the laowei or provide special documentation to the laowei for him to apply. I guess schools will only do so in the event of a laowei whom it wishes to hire being unable to obtain a foreign expert's card from the provincial education office, presumably because of not having a bachelor's degree from a western university.

Messages In This Thread
Re: EWHA School Qingdao -- Shelley -- 2010-10-02
Re: EWHA School Qingdao -- seasider -- 2010-10-03
Re: EWHA School Qingdao -- Shelley -- 2010-10-03
Re: EWHA School Qingdao -- Pumpernickel -- 2010-10-03
Re: EWHA School Qingdao -- Make Qingdao free -- 2010-10-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: EWHA School Qingdao

Go to another board -