TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Ewha is the bottom of the barrel
Ex-Ewha - 2010-10-10
In response to Re: BEWARE QINGDAO EWHA KOREAN SCHOOL (Monitor)

I worked for Ewha part-time 7-months ago. I personally could care less if some poster uses a false email address on this board for their privacy, safety, or to avoid SPAM. That does not change the fact that Ewha is a crap school with crap management and a bag of illegal tricks a kilometer long. I keep in touch with some people from Ewha and I know personally what was and still is going on there. Oddly enough it appears that a prior poster here tried to name names, and the moderator for this board edited all of them. Yet along comes another poster bitching that someone used a fake email address to post. Let's end the dispute here and now shall we?

Dial Ewha. The teacher's office is now on the 3rd floor there. The number there is 0532-8776-7184. After you connect, ask to speak with any native speaker ESL teachers and ask them if any of the postings on this board are true. Prior postings mentioned two Americans names. Jesse and Noah. Ask for them. They were not there when I worked there but that is not surprising since they change personnel like the hands on a clock. There was a woman there when I was there that spoke some English named Gina K[edited]. Ask for her and see what she says. Better yet, just call her. I still have her mobile number [edited]. As far as I know she is still there and these days she controls the ESL department. When I worked there the ESL offices was downstairs on the 2nd floor and at that time some fool named Sophie thought that she was in charge of the place and she was a Korean. None of the Koreans had Z visas when I worked there. None of them had teacher licenses or any type of certification and most of them could not find a job in Korea. Most of the foreign teachers worked there part-time since few would be stupid enough to remain working in a place like that and certainly not on a full-time basis. I also worked for the KISQ and it was a breath of fresh air at the time compared to Ewha and I currently work for another school here in Qingdao. Most of what I hear from Korean parents and students is that Ewha is on its way out and it is being sold, or it was sold, or it is going bankrupt. Most recruiters will not hire teachers for them, and most teachers that have been around the block a few times know better than to end up in a place like Ewha in the first place. I know a guy from Canada that they stuffed up and I know an American that they stuffed up about 1-year ago. I also read a post from a man named Dave on the ESL Blacklist who was stuffed up by them so they can't all be lying. Ewha is a crap hole and it is filled with bottom feeders from Korea or foreigners that don't know any better or they don't read teacher boards like this one. I might still have the numbers for a few of their other teachers from last year lying around. It would be good to ring them up and see what gives. The guy that owns the place is a buffoon and when he was not drunk or doing the deed with local hookers he was selling textiles and golf equipment. He kept a secret office in the back of the place for some other business but when I was there, no one seemed to know what that was all about. Ewha is crap, crap, crap. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Messages In This Thread
BEWARE QINGDAO EWHA KOREAN SCHOOL -- BEWARE EWHA QINGDAO KOREAN SCHOOL -- 2010-10-09
Re: BEWARE QINGDAO EWHA KOREAN SCHOOL -- Talon -- 2010-10-09
Re: BEWARE QINGDAO EWHA KOREAN SCHOOL -- Monitor -- 2010-10-09
Ewha is the bottom of the barrel -- Ex-Ewha -- 2010-10-10
Re: Ewha is the bottom of the barrel -- Monitor -- 2010-10-10
Re: Ewha is the bottom of the barrel -- Cameroon Baffoon -- 2010-10-11
Re: EWHA is @ the bottom of the barrel -- Monitor -- 2010-10-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Ewha is the bottom of the barrel

Go to another board -