TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Spying on Students?
Sanguine - 2010-10-19
In response to Re: Spying on Students? (I spy with my little eye!)

Some OLDTIMERS on this board are extremely obstinate in their views, and won't ever accept they're out of kilter with the norm. I dunno if they are dim-witted, but I believe there's no way they'll be persuaded to alter their views, even when their flaws are highlighted by posters who only wish to do them a kind favor. In this case I reckon the best way would have been to let sleeping dogs lie. Anyways, it's doesn't really matter!

I would not have agreed with you when I first joined the forum, however I do more so now. As I myself posted I have seen an extreme lack of flexibility, and a lot of petty nonsense meant to discredit myself, as I was prior hailed for all the help I gave, then had the audacity to in some peoples eyes, some very few, or one even, to disagree and in their mind attack them. Not the actual case of course.

I myself may have been mistaken to make some of the general assertions I did, an admission I don't think you'll hear from the "old" timers you speak of. Being wrong is just not in their nature. Making negative accusations and assertions, which are in truth near impossible to disprove, is, which is what is most sad.

I don't think there are as many old timers as you think. I see names appearing to post a single time, then never appearing again. I see people showing up calling themselves the "analyzer" or some other nonsense meant to be a play on words, and to indeed hint they are a multiple poster under a different name, using the "exact" not seemingly sounding the same, but the exact same words as others. This is not coincidence. A number of people, those old timers you spoke of, seem to post under multiple nicks to bolster their own seeming support from others.

This is why to date I don't tend to post on such boards, but with less obligations now I made the seeming mistake of doing so. What I find sad is that certain posters who claim to simply want to help their fellow foreigners in essence don't seem to care one whit about doing any such thing.

I agree, such people won't be persuaded, so best to just leave them alone.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Spying on Students? -- Justin -- 2010-10-17
Re: Spying on Students? -- I spy with my little eye! -- 2010-10-18
Re: Spying on Students? -- Sanguine -- 2010-10-19
Re: Spying on Students? -- Tonga Ohele'ana -- 2010-10-18
Re: Spying on Students? -- Sanguine -- 2010-10-19
Re: Spying on Students? -- Handy Mandy -- 2010-10-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Spying on Students?

Go to another board -