TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re interview help
Sanguine - 2010-10-22
In response to interview help (charlotte)

Ever heard the saying "You should never be afraid to ask questions"? Well you have now.

Sounds like you really don't know enough about the students level, age of students, or their current course of study to really know what to do here.

As for getting students to be able to describe in detail, or even not in detail, some experience they had, this could be easy, or quite challenging, depending upon their level.

After many years of teaching I have a wide range of lessons that fit many differing levels. These days I will use them as introduction lessons to measure the level of new students and classes of students so I can create new lesson plans, or recycle them if they fit the classes current level. If you don't have such a large pool of past lessons to draw off of, that can make things more difficult. However without being able to determine their current level and ability, it won't be so easy.

Therefore, ask your contact questions, whatever you can think of. Good teachers are not afraid to show they do not know a thing. You'd have to be psychic to know these things anyhow without asking. Once you find out all you need to know, then you will be more able to design a lesson plan that will fit what they want you to do. If you don't get more information and try to create a lesson plan anyways, you might go in with something too easy, or too hard. Either would not look very good. Get more info, and never ever be afraid to ask more questions. Hope this helps. Bye bye ;)

Messages In This Thread
interview help -- charlotte -- 2010-10-21
Re interview help -- Sanguine -- 2010-10-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re interview help

Go to another board -