TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re eight-minute oral examinations
been around - 2010-10-30
In response to Re eight-minute oral examinations (Jim)

Yes, it's 6 minutes and not 8. I'm pretty sure they won't be holding a stopwatch over you for each student, but even so, you can stretch the 3rd part (Q&A) if need be. As others have noted in this thread, you really only need 4-5 minutes to arrive at a fair score if you are assessing one-on-one. I think if you go in and conduct the assessment in a manner similar to what I outlined, your center will not quibble between 6 and 8 minutes. And again, if you set up your spreadsheet properly beforehand, you'll have grades ready to be turned in almost immediately and not even have to worry about the 500 RMB penalty.

It sucks that you only have a week to do it now, so you'll have to find the extra time. In the future, plan that extra week into your schedule and things will move smoothly.

Believe me, once you do it this way, you'll never want to go back to any other way. And I think it gives the fairest, most accurate assessment as to where students stand at the end of the semester.

Messages In This Thread
eight-minute oral examinations -- jim -- 2010-10-27
Re eight-minute oral examinations -- been around -- 2010-10-30
Re eight-minute oral examinations -- Jim -- 2010-10-30
Re eight-minute oral examinations -- been around -- 2010-10-30
Re eight-minute oral examinations -- Oldtimer -- 2010-10-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re eight-minute oral examinations

Go to another board -