TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re GIVE THIS SCHOOL A CHANCE (1)!!
The Lawyer - 2010-12-08

Silverboy, I agree entirely about annoying TA's making suggestions in your classes, DOS's acting like know it alls, and training centres generally being piles of rubbish.

However....

I also expect to have free electricity, water, gas, internet accesss, etc.

At public middle school/public uni gigs, yes, this is normally free. The odd public place might make you pay for the bottled drinking water but it is nominal and peanuts. Normally what is written in the contract, is pretty standard, and the same in public gigs all over China.

I'd question whether we really get internet access in China though. It is more akin to a 'walled garden' or Intranet/LAN, thanks to the GFW. Couple that with the fact that when the students are downloading/watching movies, teachers are also perhaps doing the same, it can become unuseable during times of high server load. A lot of FT's I knew with laptops got the 3G dongle which worked far better, being your own connection and useable anywhere.

GL in China with the wife hunting!
THE LAWYER

Messages In This Thread
Re GIVE THIS SCHOOL A CHANCE (1)!! -- The Lawyer -- 2010-12-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re GIVE THIS SCHOOL A CHANCE (1)!!

Go to another board -